Friday 12 February 2010

Welcome

Thanks for dropping in...

As my family, friends, colleagues and students will confirm, I'm never short of a few words, will gladly offer opinions on pretty much anything under the sun, and on a good day can tell you the year in which every Beatles song was released. You can get the Beatles discographies elsewhere, but as it develops I hope to feature a wide range of stuff here, from musings on news and cultural events to articles and books I've written, lectures I've given and sermons I've preached; from personal selections for the England cricket team to updates on my somewhat stately progress through the box set of 'The Wire'.

I've been a church minister for the past 20 years and since 2007 have been Director of the North Thames Ministerial Training Course. NTMTC is a founding partner of St Mellitus College - an exciting new venture in theological education serving London and Chelmsford Dioceses. The other partner forming the college with us is St Paul's Theological Centre in Kensington. St Mellitus is headed up by the Dean, Graham Tomlin, and I and my colleague Andrew Emerton (Director of SPTC) are Assistant Deans. Prior to all this I worked for nine years as Head of Theology at the Evangelical Alliance UK.

Quite a bit of the Blog will reflect these commitments, but plenty of space will be left for more general stuff - not least music, literature, film and sport. A work in progress, then, but I hope the progress will be reasonably swift, and that you'll find something to interest you on your next visit.

All the best,

David

13th February 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment